Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just Home

Can our troops really get the chance to come home in 2012? We have lost so many people to this war that it is just plain heartbreaking. We have lost family and friends. I look back to when this all began and it hits a deep place in my heart. I can say that I do remember where I was on September 11, 2001. I was just coming home, ironic right? I had to attend my grandmothers funeral in Washington D.C. We pulled out on the 10th and got home on the 11th. As I walked into my mothers living room she was watching television. She said the twin towers have been hit. I could not believe this. I was in total shock! I left so many friends and family in DC. I felt the need to get in touch with them. I have family that works for the government and that are in the military, so I was terrified. Thank God they were all okay. Now I sit here ten years later and we are still at war. I pray every day that our troops come home. I still have family fighting for the rights of all that deserve and need it. So to Obama I say if you can bring our troops home, Thank You!!
We love and miss them!

1 comment: